Hello, Welcome Here!
Life and death are the ‘Two sides of the same coin’. Life is a controversy at various points of time. Sometimes, what you think is not what happens in real life! Isn't this worrisome?
There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown
The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow
Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day. ~Polish Proverb
Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth. ~Ludwig Börne
Speak Hokkien Series 1046
Here are some useful Hokkien words and their opposites.
At times, you may like to use it but cannot think of it. Is it not a problem for English educated Hokkiens?
1. Optimistic – lǒk kuān; Pessimistic - pǐ kuān
2. Legal - chèng tōng; Illegal - hweě huǎt
3. Fall - phàh tòh; Rise again - huān sīn
4. Gentle - oǒn liú; Rough - chǒr lòr
5. Bride - sǐn niú, sǐn niao; Bridegroom - sǐn lóng, kiāh sǎi
6. Need - oǒ sǔ iǎo; No need - bǒh hǐ hàn
7. Innocent - siěn lióng; Cunning – khan3 kiao4
8. Familiar - siěk sǎi; Unfamiliar - sěh hoǒn