Marvellous Hokkien - Double Rhyme Combo Words (2 Plus 2 Rhyme)
Enrich Your Life Speaking Proper Hokkien
Express Yourself In Hokkien With Proper Vocabulary
Speak Hokkien - What is needed?
Speak Hokkien - Life Has Its Ups and Downs
Hello, Welcome Here!
Speak Hokkien Series 1043
An idiom is defined as:
A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
The usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people
An expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up
Here is another Hokkien installment of idioms.
1. indecisive - sam3 sim1 liong1 ee3
2. impasse - say3 put1 liong3 lip1
3. can differentiate right and wrong - si3 hooi1 eh3 hiao1 hooi1
4. high handed crooked ways - put1 teik3 chiu1 tuah3
5. agreed - it1 gian2 ooi3 teng3
6. consummate a marriage - tong3 pang2 wah3 chiok1 iah3
7. can't go against heaven's will - tian3 ee2 put1 khoh1 ooi2
8. marital future happiness - chiong3 sim1 tai3 su3