Hokkien 福建话 also known as (Ban Nam Oay-閩南話, Taigi, Lan Lang Oay, Tng Lang Oay) is one of the ancient languages in China. Hokkien words are incorporated in the Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese languages in the past. Join visitors from 125 lands to reactivate your Hokkien by enriching your vocabulary here.
The beauty of Hokkien is seen in its rhyming expressions. When we use it, our communication becomes richer, more expressive and more interesting. People will connect with us better. They will find us more nicer to talk to. Our vocabulary becomes richer. We become someone more desirable for them to have around.
1. phit1 phit1 phok1 phok1 – sound of excited heartbeat
2. put1 tiong1 put1 hao3 – disloyal and unfilial
3. kong1 tang1 kong1 sai1 – undesirable speech
4. boh1 ee1 boh1 oah4 – no one to depend
5. it1 seng1 it1 ee3 - long-held desire
6. kooi1 tao2 kooi1 nao4 – crooked and cunning
7. tang1 ni2 tang jit1 – same day and year
8. oon3 oon3 soon3 soon2 – mild tempered
9. oo3 tao2 oo3 bin3 – high status in society
10. tuah3 tuah3 say4 say3 - big and small
Please follow this video lesson with the script above